PLEASE RECEIVE AND CHECK THE CONTENTS OF YOUR PACKAGES BEFORE SCHEDULING AN ELECTRICIAN.
BUTLER LIGHTING (butlerlightingusa.com) IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SCHEDULING MISTAKES OR ELECTRICIAN OVERTIME FEES. PLEASE REPORT ANY ISSUES WITHIN 14 DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR ITEM(S). AFTER 14 DAYS, RETURNS WILL NOT BE FREE NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCE. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY. IN SOME CASES WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT RETURNS. CALL AND ASK ABOUT ANY HESITATIONS YOU HAVE BEFORE ORDERING.
ORDERS ARE USUALLY PROCESSED AND FULFILLED WITHIN 72 HOURS OF PLACING YOUR ORDERS, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. FACTORIES AND VENDORS ARE CLOSED ON THE WEEKEND. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
BACKORDER DATES ARE EITHER “CONFIRMED” OR “UNCONFIRMED.” BACKORDER DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT ISSUES ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER INTERNAL ISSUES FROM THE MANUFACTURERS AND VENDORS. PLEASE ALLOW 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE INTENDED BACKORDER DATE FOR FULFILLMENT.
IF YOUR ORDER IS MISSING PARTS/PIECES PLEASE CONTACT ONLINE SALES. MISSING PARTS WILL BE REPLACED FREE OF CHARGE. PLEASE CONTACT US ASAP. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DISCONTINUED ITEMS.
Your Satisfaction is our Number One Goal. At Butler Lighting, we want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase, and exactly what you want. Our sincere goal is to provide an enjoyable shopping experience that encourages you to shop with us for years to come. On the occasion that you receive a product that you just don’t like or that doesn’t match your decor, our experienced customer service staff is just a phone call away and will guide you through our easy return policy. Customers who place orders online are responsible for the accuracy of their product selection and the information entered. Customers who place orders by phone or in-store must review their receipt for accuracy within 24 hours.
Note: If your product has arrived damaged or doesn’t work properly, please refer to the “Damaged & Defective Goods Policy” below.
- Acquire authorization and instructions: To begin the process, please contact online sales at firstname.lastname@example.org. In most cases, we will email you a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number to return the product along with return instructions.
- Shipping product back: Ship the item to the warehouse address listed on the return authorization. Below are the keys to a successful return:
- Good Packaging: Re-pack products for return in the original box with original packaging material. ITEM(S) NOT IN THE ORIGINAL BOX MAY BE REJECTED!
- Use the return label provided or your own label and write the RGA# exactly as instructed by our staff. Do not write on the box to maintain its like-new condition. Improper labeling may result in the denial of return.
- Ship & Insure: Next, ship the product to the warehouse address provided using a carrier that will provide both a tracking number as well as a signature that the item was confirmed delivered. Please do not ship USPS because they do not provide these guarantees. If we are unable to confirm the delivery of your item, this may result in the denial of a refund.
- Tracking Number: We recommend using a carrier that will provide you with a return tracking number as this will speed up your return process. Retain your tracking number and email it to the issuing store associate so that we can check on the progress of your return. If you have not received a credit within 14 days from the date of delivery to the warehouse, please contact our store and provide us with the tracking number so that we can expedite the credit process for you.
- You will have 14 days in which to return the product from the date that we receive approval from the manufacturer. After 14 days, the Return Authorization will expire and no replacements or refunds will be given. If a return becomes damaged on its way back to the return destination, we will inform you via email or phone that the item was received damaged and hold the product for up to 15 days. It is the customer’s responsibility to file a claim with the shipping carrier and instruct us concerning what to do with the damaged product. If we have not received notification or response from the customer within 14 days, the item will be donated or destroyed.
- Refunds: Once the returned item has been received and verified to have all original contents and packaging and confirmed to be free of damage, the refund credit process will begin. Depending on the reason for return: Customers will be refunded, less the restocking and freight charges, via the same method in which the item was purchased or via check from Butler Lighting. If an item is damaged or not in working condition and reported WITHIN 14 DAYS see the Damaged & Defective Goods Policy (below). Refunds via check are typically issued within 14 business days of final approval.
Items returned without the proper RGA# or sent to the wrong warehouse are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee or complete forfeiture of your refund. If credit is to be given, it will be by store credit only. Please read your return instructions carefully to avoid delays and unnecessary expenses.
Please do not request a chargeback from your credit card company during the return process. Due to the time, it takes to resolve charge-back disputes, it is usually better to be patient and wait for the return process to run its course. If a chargeback has been submitted, we will not be able to credit you for your return until the charge-back mediation process has been completed. This process can take up to 180 days.
Items not eligible for returns/credit include:
- Special purchases, including clearance items, inventory sale items, etc.
- Any item that has been assembled, installed (including cut or clipped wires), modified, or used in any way.
- Any item that is not in a resalable condition.
- Any item not accompanied by a Return Goods Authorization Number (RGA#) issued by Butler Lighting. Any item that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
- Large orders: (Orders containing 6 or more of a single item or orders with an invoice total greater than 1,000 (exceptions)). When ordering large quantities, we suggest ordering a sample for evaluation.
- Light bulbs, parts, and shades.
- Any item not purchased from Butler Lighting
- Shipping & handling charges.
- After 6 months, no refunds are able to be processed.
Damaged & Defective Goods Policy
We understand that a product may get damaged in transit or, on occasion, there may be a manufacturer product defect. Rest assured, we will stand by you during this process and make sure we do everything we can to bring it to a satisfying and timely conclusion – at no expense to you. For us to offer this level of service, however, we need a little help from the customer in the form of a detailed product inspection immediately upon delivery. This will make things much easier if you decide to return the item.
Small Package Deliveries
For smaller UPS or FedEx deliveries that are damaged in transit, instead of refusing the package, please contact our store immediately. If damages are reported within 14 days for UPS or FedEx deliveries, we can file a claim on behalf of the customer and work to quickly resolve it. Please be aware that replacements or refunds can be hindered or denied if the customer fails to notify Butler Lighting of defective or damaged merchandise within two business days of receipt.
Large Package Deliveries
Immediate inspection is especially important when receiving large items (such as a chandelier, large pendant, or glass items) from common freight carriers. In this case, it is important to notate any damage on the bill of lading or receipt when you sign for the delivery, even if the package appears only slightly damaged. Customers who sign for the delivery and do not notate “damage” assume responsibility if merchandise is damaged. If the product itself appears significantly damaged, you may refuse delivery. Please notify our store of refusal so we can anticipate the return and send out a new item. Butler Lighting will repair or replace the damaged or defective goods for no additional charge. If a return is desired instead of replacement, the “Standard Return Policy” above applies and there may be a restocking fee and our initial shipping and handling costs will be deducted from the credit. Failure to follow the return procedure for the damaged item may result in a charge for the free replacement item. Returned items that are found to be in working condition or shipped as ordered may not be eligible for a refund. In such a case Butler Lighting will email you for your decision on whether to ship the item back to you at your expense or be refunded with a 50% restocking fee and store credit.
If you would like to cancel an order that has not shipped from our store or the manufacturer, simply contact one of our sales associates at email@example.com. Then, we will submit a request to the manufacturer for cancellation. Shortly after, you will receive an email acknowledging your cancellation request followed by another email either confirming the cancellation or stating that we were unable to cancel. Please allow up to 24 hours for confirmation of cancellation. Please be aware that some items may have already shipped from our store or the manufacturer and be en route for final delivery to you. In such a case, cancellation fees may apply. Once an order has already shipped, it cannot be canceled, rerouted, or redirected. If you would like to return the item, you will need to follow the “Standard Return Policy”. Do not refuse the delivery of non-damaged goods as this will result in up to a 50% restocking fee. A delivery refusal may also result in the loss of your product and may void any possibility of a refund. You may also be charged for roundtrip shipping costs. Items that are custom-made or built to order cannot be canceled.
Items on Backorder
If you are canceling an order due to backorder, we recommend you first call our store to verify the accuracy of the date before making your final decision. There are times when manufacturers have stated items as “back-ordered,” only to find that they have already shipped or are going out the next day. On the other hand, if the item is truly unavailable for an extended period, we sincerely apologize for the delay. Please note that since a cancellation request is time-sensitive, please do not email or leave voice messages regarding your intention as it may slow the process down. It is important that you get a hold of a store associate directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.